TOP NEWS

This world is indeed a living being, endowed with a soul and intelligence... A single visible living entity, containing all other living entities, which by their nature, are all related. -Plato

Welcome and thanks for coming by! My blog here is still new but i'll be trying to update often. I have lots of inspiration and cant wait to post up some of my ideas. If you have any questions, recommendations or requests, just leave a comment or email me at margaretskipper007 at gmail.com

Friday, March 15, 2013

Product Review: Tom's of Maine Tooth Paste




At Tom's of Maine that means we use authentic natural ingredients. We use zinc citrate sourced from zinc - a naturally occurring mineral and xylitol, a natural ingredient derived from birch trees or corn. Plus, natural flavoring for a taste that will make you look forward to brushing! Fluoride-free formula: Some people do not want fluoride in their toothpaste. We produce this toothpaste without fluoride because we respect our customers' diverse needs and interests.


Product: Natural Toothpaste
Scent/Shade: Peppermint
Brand: Tom's of Maine
Purpose: Anti Plaque and Whitening
Where I Got It: Target
How Long Have I Used It: 1 Week



Removes Stains, Freshens breathe and mouth.
Calcium carbonate, Glycerin, Water, Xyliol, Hydrated silica, Zinc citrate Trihydrate, Peppermint (Mentha piperita) oil, Sodium lauryl sulfate, Chondrus crispus (carrageenan), Sodium bicarbonate
Tom of Maine - $4.99
Walmart (online) - $4,25
Amazon - 2 pack for $6.38
**Prices/coupons are subject to change/expire.**






My Thoughts


Well, i should probably start by saying that this is all my bf will use. He loves it. I, on the other hand, im not even sure if i like it much. My first qualm is the taste, of lack there of. Our version is suppose to be peppermint, but i didn't taste much. I guess maybe i'm used to the explosive burning mint of regular toothpaste, and while that's probably the chemically reacting in my mouth, i sort of like the feeling...it feels clean. Tom's though, it doesn't not to me anyway. I'm not sure if maybe there isn't enough peppermint or if it's just not strong enough for what i want...but i just don't like the bland taste.

Beyond the taste of if though, it seems to "work" good. My boyfriend has used if for years and he never has teeth problems. I, on the other hand, have ridiculous teeth problems. My teeth are pretty sensitive, not terribly so, but enough that i'd rather use a fluoride toothpaste. And Tom's does carry these, but i'm not sure if i want to buy them if i cant stand the taste.

Another thing that concern's me is the brand itself. My boyfriend loved this brand and decided to go "all Tom"....lol. Anyway, he bought the deodorant and used if for a few days. Not only did it not work, but it made his skin peel under his arms.. :O  Whoa! Not sure what's in this deodorant...but doesn't seem good. Also, did you know that Tom's is owned by Colgate...yeah, its true. So why not just introduce a natural toothpaste to your already popular toothpaste line? Why, well i don't know...but i have my suspicions. I guess in general, i'd rather support a company who lives and breathes natural/organic...not a side shoot to a big company who that just want to make money off of the green "fad". I don't know if that's what they are doing, but that's what is seems like. 

All in all, i wouldn't totally ban this product. They have a "wicked fresh" flavor, and if i tastes more like Altoids, i might like it. Also, if you aren't too concerned with taste, well give it a try and see. Like i mentioned before, my bf has had great success with this toothpaste. He like it enough to even continue using it after the deodorant mishap! 

--
With Love,
Margaret

Lockerz  |  Pinterest  |  Twitter  |  Google+  |  BlogLovin   |  Youtube


0 comments:

Thanks so much for stopping by! I really appreciate all my comments! :)